- Warm the French press by adding hot water to the carafe.
- Measure appropriate amount of coffee (we use 15:2 water to coffee ratio for all our manual processes) and grind it coarse.
- Empty hot water from carafe and add ground coffee to the French press, tare the scale, start a set timer at four minutes. Fill the French press almost to the top with hot water. Start the counter.
- The fresh coffee will “BLOOM”, i.e. it will create a thick, foamy layer on top. Gently stir the crust to completely mix the coffee grounds, and top off with hot water to reach desired weight.
- Place the lid and plunger on the French Press. The filter should sit just below the surface of the liquid to ensure that the ground coffee is completely submerged.
- When timer is off, slowly press the plunger all the way down.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Place filter in the V60, then, using hot water, preheat the V60. Discard water.
- Measure 28g coffee and grind medium fine, like granulated sugar.
- Add the ground coffee to the filter cone and distribute the coffee grounds into an inverted cone shape.
- Zero the scale, and start a count-up timer. Slowly add 40g of water, starting in the center of the coffee bed working outwards to saturate the coffee.
- When the timer reaches 30 seconds, begin pouring the remainder of the water in a slow spiral starting in the center and moving outward, about one centimeter from the edge of the filter. Once all of the coffee has been evenly saturated, maintain a center pour, keeping the water level 2” from the top rim of the filter.
- Complete the 400g pour in two minutes. Wait until the coffee has finished dripping (about 30sec). Serve and enjoy!
- Set the Aeropress upside down. Place the filter in the filter holder and rinse with hot water.
- Measure 20g coffee and grind medium fine, like fine granulated sugar.
- Add the ground coffee to the Aeropress then zero the scale. Start a count-up timer as you add about half of the water. Stir the mexture then add the rest of the water and stir again.
- Screw filter onto Aeropress and press out excess air. Carefully flip Aeropress over onto serving vessel.
- At 1:10 remove the Aeropress from the scale, and press the plunger down slowly, finishing within 30 seconds.
- To clean, unscrew filter holder and plunge the spent grounds through into compost.
- Place the filter into the Chemex with the three-layered side facing the spout. Preheat the carafe by pouring hot water through the filter. Discard water by pouring water out the back.
- Measure 40g/28g coffee and grind medium coarse, like fine playground sand.
- Add ground coffee to the filter, then gently press the coffee grounds down with a spoon to seat the filter.
- Zero the scale. Start a count-up timer then pour 60g/40g hot water evenly over the grounds. Let the fresh coffee bloom.
- When the timer reaches about 30 seconds, begin adding the remainder of water (571g/400g). Pour fast with spiral outward movement starting at the cente. All of the water should be added over the course of about 3:30 min. The total brew time should be about five minutes (3 minutes for 28g).
- Serve and enjoy.